- Do you feel shy while smiling due to your yellow-colored teeth?
- Are your teeth discolorations hindering your confidence?
- Want to get rid of those ineffective teeth whitening home remedies?
If yes, then teeth whitening treatment is an excellent choice to get a bright smile. At Dr. Balwan Singh's Clinic, we have the best and cost-efficient teeth whitening in Basai Chowk, Gurgaon.
Dr. Balwan Singh is among the best Dentist in Basai Chowk, Gurgaon, with 12+ years of experience. Furthermore, Dr. Balwan practices at his state-of-the-art dental clinic in Gurgaon. Due to Dr. Balwan's expertise and kind nature, patients prefer him for dental problems. Read on to know about teeth whitening, its cost, procedure, types and more.
What is Teeth Whitening?
- Teeth whitening involves the removal of tooth discoloration or stains caused by environmental or chemical factors.
- By using a mild bleach, we can get long-lasting results without sensitivity.
- Different bleach concentrations are available to serve your particular needs, like your time, availability, lifestyle, and tooth sensitivity.
What is the cost of the Teeth whitening in Gurgaon?
The cost of teeth whitening in Gurgaon is affordable compared to other dental procedures. At our clinic, we ensure that you will get the cheapest teeth whitening treatment with the desired results and complete safety.
Indications for teeth whitening:
- Teeth whitening is useful for intrinsic tooth discolorations, fluorosis, tetracycline stains, and tobacco stains.
- Common practices that affect your teeth' surface and cause tooth darkening or staining include taking dark beverages, foods with intense pigments like turmeric, berries, or bright-colored confectionery. Also, eating or smoking tobacco can stain your teeth.
- Trauma can cause dark stains as the mouth reacts to the injury by producing more dentin.
- Fluoride is effective in combating cavities. But children who apply toothpaste having a large amount of fluoride are at greater risk of discoloration.
- People who take antibiotics such as tetracycline can get the stain on their teeth later in life.
- The discoloration can also be a side-effect of high blood pressure medications, antihistamines, and anti-psychotic medications.
Teeth Whitening Procedure:
- Based on the particular needs, teeth whitening involves the use of different components:
- Whitening toothpaste with mild silica abrasives or cleaners helps in the elimination of surface stains. It works by smoothly rubbing the teeth's enamel.
- Peroxide bleach can remove deeper and challenging stains.
- Hydrogen peroxide is a strong oxidizing bleach. It can break chromogens into smaller, less coloured, and more diffused particles. It is the fastest method to whiten a dark intrinsic stain.
Types of teeth whitening treatment:
Non-vital teeth whitening
It is suitable if you have received a root canal treatment. Usually, a root canal operated tooth can acquire intrinsic stains. The bleaching agents such as carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide are packed inside the tooth and left until they provide the desired color. Once completed, your dentist will remove it and fix it with a white filling.
Vital teeth whitening
It helps in lightening natural, essential, and healthy teeth. Your dentist will use a bleaching solution to the significant tooth surface.
In-Office Teeth Whitening
This method involves the use of a potent bleach to whiten the teeth. Here, the bleaching agent is more robust than the one utilized in a DIY product. Typically, it takes one to three hours. The results can persist for more than a year if you take care of your teeth properly.
Home Teeth Whitening or DIY
There are various home teeth whitening options, such as toothpaste, whitening strips, whitening gum, mouth trays with gel, and paint-on gels. Here, the products applied are mild than those used in a clinic.
If you want a brighter and stainless smile, then avail of teeth-whitening treatment at Dr. Balwan Singh’s Dental Clinic. So, don't wait; book an appointment with Dr. Balwan Singh.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Is teeth whitening painful?
Teeth whitening may lead to sensitivity during or after the treatment with slight discomfort in the gums. Usually, these side-effects are temporary and reduce after a few days.
Q. Do teeth whiteners damage tooth enamel?
Research on teeth whitening products using 10% carbamide peroxide showed no impact on the hardness or mineral content of a tooth's enamel surface.
Q. How long does the teeth whitening take?
The teeth whitening treatment takes only 30 to 45 minutes to get a whiter and a brighter smile.