A root canal is also known as endodontic treatment. It is a serious procedure, and the only specialist performs it. Dr. Balwan Singh offers a full range of dental treatments from root canal to teeth whitening to non-complex restorative procedures. Dr. Balwan Singh has successfully carried out innovative and complex dental treatments for thousands of patients. He always ensures to explain the condition and treatment options to the patients in detail so that they can choose the right treatment and feel more relaxed.
What is root canal treatment?
Root canal treatment is done to eliminate the bacteria which are causing pain in the tooth. When one goes for root canal treatment, the dentist treats the tooth by removing the infected pulp collected inside the tooth, and then the dentist fills and seals the tooth with the rigid material.
Before agreeing on any dental work, you need some facts about the root canal.
Does the root canal procedure hurt?
Anesthesia is given to patients in root canal treatment. This procedure isn’t as painful as a regular dental procedure like filling the tooth or getting a tooth extraction. However, in root canal procedures, the tooth becomes more sore or numb and can even cause discomfort for a few days.
Who needs a root canal?
A root canal is needed to treat the cracked tooth from injury. People who notice that they are sensitive to hot and cold sensations particularly need a root canal procedure.
Here is a list of symptoms where root canal treatment is needed.
- Severe pain while chewing and biting
- The occurrence of pimples on the gums
- If there is a cracked tooth
- If there is a cold and hot sensation on the tooth
- Tender or swollen gums
- Tooth decay or darkening of the tooth.
The procedure of root canal treatment
This treatment involves a series of procedures, which includes a certain number of clinic visits. The dentist may carry out x-ray evaluation, thermal and electric pulp testing to confirm how much the patient's root canal is damaged.
- X-Ray is carried out to see the root canal's shape and check if there is an infection. Our dentist uses local anesthesia to numb the area of the tooth. Sometimes you do not need it as the nerves are dead, but you might require it to feel more relaxed.
- the tooth area where the root canal procedure is happening should be dry. Because saliva comes out very easily in our mouth dentists use a suction tube to take out the saliva so that the treatment Is carried out in a proper way. Meaningless sentence. Form it properly
- The next is drilling in the damaged tooth and removing the pulp, bacteria, and decayed nerve tissue. It is cleaned using a series of root canal files. These files are placed deep into the tooth, remove the scarp from the tooth, and then scrub the tooth's sides. As the work is done, water or sodium hypochlorite is sprayed to flush away the waste collected.
- Once the tooth is cleaned, it is sealed. If the root canal is not completed simultaneously, a temporary filling is done for the damaged tooth.
- At the next appointment, the dentist fills the tooth's interior with a rubber compound and seals the root canal of the tooth.
- The final step involves repairing the tooth as you know that a tooth that needs a root canal is the one that is decayed and weak. So, you might require a dental implant or a dental crown if the proper care of the tooth is not taken, which will be discussed by the doctor.
Cost of root canal treatment
The Cost of a root canal in Gurgaon ranges from Rs 1500-Rs12000 depending upon the severity and tooth position.
Precisely in Gurgaon, at Dr balwan singh’s clinic, the cost of root canal ranges between Rs 3000- Rs 7000
Complications might occur if:
- The cracked tooth is not identified
- There is an incomplete sealing of the tooth
- There is a break down in the inner sealing material, which might allow the bacteria to infect the inner tooth
- If there are several root canals in the jaw, then there might be a chance of the emergence of bacteria underneath the tooth.
- Relief from the pain
- There will be no more hot and cold tooth sensations on the tooth.
- It is cost-effective.
- Most importantly, tooth extractions can be avoided and the patient can retain the natural teeth.
- Is root canal procedure painful?
No, it is not painful as the roots of the tooth are dead. If require we use local anesthesia.
- How much it takes to get the root canal treatment done?
It takes 1-2 hours to complete the process.
- Is the treatment expensive?
No, it not expensive, as saving your tooth is more important and the cost is around Rs. 3000- Rs. 6000